- Design and Technology
- Early Years
- We are Wildlife Champions
- Festival Español 2017
- Online Safety
- Ofsted Reports
- Section 48 RE Report
- Results and Performance Tables
- Privacy Notice
- Pupil Premium
- PE and Sport Premium
- British Values
- Max Agents
- The School Day
Art at Our Lady Star of the Sea
Our Lady’s school provides children with an exciting and enriched curriculum. Art and Design stimulates creativity and imagination. It provides visual, tactile and sensory experiences, and a special way of understanding and responding to the world. The children at Our Lady’s are able to use their art work as a form of visual communication and personal expression in a variety of media and techniques.
Art at Our Lady’s is taught throughout the school from nursery to year 6, through cross curricular lessons. The children are taught a range of different media and look at famous artists and craftsmen to help inspire ideas and creativity. They have opportunities to take part in whole school cross-curricular art projects.
Art lessons will be linked to each year group topic. Key skills and techniques will be taught throughout curriculum subjects.
Expressive Arts and Design:
- They safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function.
- Children use what they have learnt about media and materials in original ways, thinking about uses and purposes. They represent their own ideas, thoughts and feelings through design and technology, art, music, dance, role play and stories.
The national curriculum for art and design aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Use a range of materials creatively to design and make products.
- Use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination.
- Develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
- Create sketchbooks to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas.
- Improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials (eg pencil, charcoal, paint, clay)
- Learn about great artists, architects and designers in history.